7 April 2015

Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Silhouette First Impressions & Review

Hi everyone! Last week I saw that Illamasqua had released a new product, their gel sculpt which is in three shades, silhouette, charm and fluster. Silhouette was described as a universal skin tone contour product and it claims to be 'a unique contouring gel that offers subtle definition to the cheeks with ease'. I saw a lot of people raving about it and I'm keen to get better at contouring so I thought I'd give it a try so I ordered it and it arrived today! 



The deep colour of this shade is quite intimidating at first and when I swatched it on my hand (picture below) I was a bit unsure but once blended it creates the most natural shadow on your face.


 It looks a little crazy like mud here but as I said when its blended it is like you've got a shadow down your cheek bone I was so impressed with it! It's great for a really natural contour as it is quite sheer but it is buildable if you want a more intense look. I also love it because I'm definitely not an expert at contouring, I've got the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit and I still find this more difficult to use, I can't seem to get it exactly right and I feel like it looks a bit full on sometimes but this makes it so easy to get a really nice defined structure to your face, so if you find contouring a bit tricky and intimidating like me then this is perfect for you! I feel like the best thing about it is that it doesn't look like you're just amazing at makeup it really does just look like that's how your bone structure is which to me is such a good quality. 

It is described as a cooling gel product which I would definitely agree with, it feels really refreshing and light on the skin and not cakey at all. It does have a scent to it which smells so good and I actually do prefer scented products however I know a lot of people don't like when products are scented but it isn't full on, just a nice refreshing smell. 

If you are looking for a really dramatic contour then maybe this isn't for you however if you love a natural sculpted look that's really simple to achieve then I would definitely recommend it, this product will allow me to contour daily without taking up lots of time and it's also really simple. I looked on Illamasqua's YouTube channel and they posted a video on the colours and tips on how to apply, they have a really good technique that they call 'heart of the hand' where you use the base of your hand under your thumb to apply the product onto your cheekbones, it sounds complicated but if you take a look at the video (I will link below) it's really simple and quick! If you prefer a different way to apply then there is lots of other techniques but I do find this way quite easy when you are first trying out a product. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjuVKtYL5M - Illamasqua's video on how to apply the product.

Overall I would definitely recommend this product, it is priced at £22 on the Illamasqua website which isn't cheap however a good investment if you plan to use it a lot and to me it really is worth the money. Thank you for reading and I hope this gave you good insight onto this product, let me know in the comments what you think of this product!xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig