31 August 2015

Anniversary At Chester Zoo

Hi everyone! Just writing this after I got back from a really nice weekend celebrating my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend, it was on Saturday the 29th and we went away to Chester Zoo for the day and spent the night at a lovely hotel. 








I absolutely loved the zoo and if you've never been before then I would definitely suggest it for a day out! Only thing I would say is that if you are a couple or just going with friends then go in term time, it was absolutely over run with children. Obviously the fact that it was a weekend and the last weekend before school starts and a bank holiday didn't help but by the time we got to our hotel I needed a nap from all the surrounding craziness! I'd love to go again when it is quieter, it's huge so really good value for money and they have lots of baby animals currently which were far too cute! The baby elephant in the last picture is about 10 days old so everyone was dying to see her. 

We were at the zoo for about 5 hours and we had a hotel booked which was 10 minutes away called Crabwall Manor and it was so nice, if you're in the area I would recommend it. I wish I'd took some pictures of the room but I fell asleep for an hour as soon as I got there and by the time I woke up it didn't cross my mind. We had a lovely night, we used the spa area which included the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and then we went back to our room and chilled out watching The X Factor and ordered room service. We really aren't the most exciting couple we just prefer chilling out and we were far too tired after a long drive early in the morning to go out anywhere but it was such a nice night! 

We spent the following Sunday driving home and chilling out before I went out with some friends from work for bank holiday Sunday so all in all it was such a good weekend!


Let me know in the comments how you spent your bank holiday weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig