2 August 2015

Gerard Cosmetics Tequila Sunrise Lipstick Review

Hi everyone! So when I was scrolling Beauty Bay recently I saw they stocked Gerard Cosmetics and after hearing Shaaanxo talk about them so much I really wanted to try one. They didn't have the full range of colours but I really liked Tequila Sunrise which the website describes as 'a fresh and fun peachy coral which is festive, flirty and softly matte'.


Priced on Beauty Bay at £11.50 I thought it was reasonable, when it arrived I fell in love with the packaging it's so pretty! The smell of the product has a similar smell to MAC lipsticks but not as nice, it isn't a bad smell, but there is a smell although you don't notice it when applying. 


You get a really good amount of product with these lipsticks as well, I feel like it would last a long time. When it comes to the formula it is described as 'softly matte' however I didn't really think it was very matte. I loved the creaminess and to be honest matte lipsticks aren't my favourite as I find them so drying so this really didn't bother me at all, I just think anyone looking to buy may be expecting a product which is more matte. I do absolutely love the formula though, it's really creamy and the pigmentation is good, I did put two layers on though just to make the colour stand out more. I found it wasn't the longest lasting lip product however I did eat fairly soon after applying so this is probably why, it would last much longer if it was just sitting on your lips.


You can see in the swatch that the colour is a bit more pink than peachy however on the lips it definitely comes off as coral, I just wouldn't say it's a really peachy coral although I do like the colour and I think it would suit a lot of skin tones. 

I actually really like this product, for anyone who prefers a creamy lipstick formula you won't be disappointed, it just feels really nice and moisturising but is still pigmented. For £11.50 as well I think it's a good price and I really want to try more colours now! Next on my list is Buttercup which is one of the collabs Gerard Cosmetics did with Jaclyn Hill so I really want to try that. Let me know what you think of this brand in the comments!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig