1 September 2015

Nars Creamy Concealer VS Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Hi everyone! I've always liked doing VS posts to help people decide between products however I've never done a high end product vs a drug store one. I've had the Nars creamy concealer for a while now and I've just recently bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and when I used it I found them fairly similar and I actually really loved the Rimmel concealer so I thought I'd do a comparison post on the two!


Obviously the biggest difference between the two is the price, the Nars concealer is a steep £22 compared to the Rimmel concealer which is priced at £5.49 from Superdrug. This is why I was so surprised at how much I liked the Rimmel concealer, I thought it would just be a cheap buy for everyday use that wouldn't compare to my Nars concealer which has been my go to concealer for months now. If anyone is wondering by the way my Nars concealer is in the shade light 2 vanilla and I wear the Rimmel concealer in 10 ivory. 


Nars is on the left and Rimmel is on the right. You can see both have nearly identical doe foot applicators with Nars' being slightly longer, I personally love these applicators for concealers I think they are so much easier to use, and the two here are basically the same. 


The swatches again look almost identical, Nars is on the left and Rimmel is on the right. The formulas however I think are quite different. Obviously as Nars is labelled as a 'creamy' concealer it is a fair bit thicker and isn't runny at all. This is great because I find it gives really good coverage however when it comes to the under eye area for me I find it harder to blend because it is thicker. The Rimmel concealer is a lot runnier and doesn't have as good coverage but I find it so easy to blend in the under eye area and it is buildable. When you're comparing these two shades I find Rimmel a lot more yellow but this works for me as I have yellow undertones, looking back I should have got the Nars concealer in the shade custard for a perfect match but vanilla does work. 

I don't think you can say one is better than the other, I think they are great for different purposes. The Nars concealer is great coverage so I love this for covering blemishes and it lasts absolutely ages. The issue I have is that as an under eye concealer it doesn't work as well for me and after a longer period of time it does start to crease. It does fit it's description of being really luminous though so with more blending it will look great. The Rimmel concealer on the other hand isn't my ideal coverage for blemishes however I absolutely love it for the under eye area, it states it has an anti-fatigue affect which I would agree with and I find it so easy to blend. 

Overall I would say you would get more use out of the Nars Creamy Concealer, it takes a bit more work on the under eye but when done properly it would be great and it is amazing for covering blemishes. Also it lasts absolutely ages so whilst it does seem expensive you will get a lot of value for your money. Rimmel is obviously a lot cheaper so I would say if this is more in your budget then go for it, it really is a good concealer, you just might need more product to get the best coverage. I wouldn't call it a dupe for the Nars product as they are different but it is such a good product at a really affordable price. I definitely do love them both! If I was feeling like treating myself then I would buy the Nars concealer however I'm not reaching for this a lot more than I am the Rimmel concealer, they are both great for different things. Let me know in the comments what you think of these concealers!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Absolutely loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer! A definate must buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so surprised by how much I liked it considering it's so affordable!x

      Delete
  2. I used to use the Rimmel concealer and might go back to it - the only thing that I don't like about it is definitely the consistency - as you said it's quite runny. Thanks for the comparison :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it especially when I feel like wearing a bit less make up it's so nice for days like that!xx

      Delete
  3. This has answered so many questions I've had for a while!! Thank you haha !

    Yours Truly, Kate x
    http://yourstrulykatex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the Nars creamy concealer for a while now and I've just recently bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and when I used it I found ... narsconcealer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig