1 October 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of posts recently I have had the most hectic stressful week as I went back to uni for my third and final year and I literally got a massive amount of pressure dumped on my shoulders so I have needed a minute just to chill out! Just thought I'd let you know that I will have a blogging schedule, I thought it was the best way to keep me organised while I'm so busy at university and at my job so I will be posting Tuesdays and Fridays every week and then hopefully depending on my shifts at work a third post varying on which day weekly. I can't guarantee the third post every week but I will be doing my absolute best to stick to posting on Tuesdays and Fridays! This post was set to go up on Tuesday but due to the most stressful week EVER it is going up today and I will have another post up tomorrow.

Anyway sorry for the barrage of information I will get on to what this post is actually about! I have been dying to get my hands on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams for so long but I could never find them anywhere! They have been out of stock on the NYX UK website for as long as I can remember, however I had to get a new foundation from Selfridges recently as I find shipping on the NARS website so expensive and they had them in stock on there! I was so happy they had all but two shades stocked I believe, might be a different story now and they were only £5.50 so I thought I'd get two just to see how I liked them and if I wanted to get more. Also I know these are so frequently blogged about however I have wanted them for so long I really wanted to share my thoughts on them with you!




I got mine in the shades Stockholm and Antwerp. I literally had no idea what I was looking for when I selected my shades, I googled some swatches and picked these two but I'm glad I did! I had actually heard Antwerp was very similar to the Collection 2000 Creme Puffs in their shade Fairy Cake, I have this and love the colour so I wanted to try this which is supposedly a lot nicer quality. Stockholm however was a complete stab in the dark, totally random choice and I wanted something more muted as I ALWAYS go for pinks and corals and I am trying to break that habit!



Antwerp is on the left and Stockholm is on the right. These come with a typical doe foot application which I really like for this kind of product as it is easier for me to get a more precise application. Colour wise my favourite is Stockholm I was blown away by how much I loved this shade, I think it is so similar to MAC Velvet Teddy but a little bit more pink, so if you are struggling to get that then this is a nice alternative. Antwerp looks a lot more of a purple pink on this picture however it is a lot more on the coral side, definitely similar to Collection 2000 Fairy Cake as I said before.

I was really impressed by the formula of these, it is difficult to describe as they are a lip cream and not a liquid lipstick however what I will say is that they definitely are so creamy and pigmented which makes application really nice. However as they dry matte I would be careful, when I had them on they didn't dry with any cracks which was good but you could see some of the lines in my lip. Bearing in mind though I tried them on bare lips without a lip balm so a lip balm will help with this. There is also a really nice smell with this product, it is like a hint of vanilla but it isn't too full on and once applied you can't smell it anymore.

I thought I'd test the staying power of these so yesterday when I went to the beach I wore Stockholm and it really impressed me. I was at the beach for a while and I did eat fish and chips (by the way if any of you are ever in Whitby you have to go to The Magpie Cafe for fish and chips, it's a really famous restaurant that also has a takeaway. We got a takeaway and sat by the beach with it and it really is the nicest fish and chips ever) and I also had ice cream and by the end of the day whilst the product had faded I could still see the colour on my lips. So if you are going out for the day and don't plan on stuffing your face too much like me then it will have really good staying power!

I really am so impressed with these, they definitely lived up to the hype that I had heard on them and for £5.50 they are such a good price. Let me know in the comments what you think of them and also any good colour recommendations for a nude shade as I want more!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Both the shades are really great. It's good you had fish and chips :). Must say the staying power is good.

    http://goldenrim.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really impressed with them!x

      Delete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig