31 March 2015

Current Top 5 Spring/Summer Lipsticks

Hi everyone! Since we have hit what is supposed to be spring in the UK (I don't know about you but where I live I'm definitely not getting that!) I thought I'd do a post on what my current favourite lip products are for the change in seasons. I find that pinks/nudes are so pretty in spring and summer especially for a nice day time look so I picked out the top 5 that I am currently loving and swatched them for you!


I'll include a swatch picture below which matches the above lipsticks from left to right which will be named further down.


From left to right:

1. MAC Flamingo (£15.50) which is a lustre finish. It's a really nice subtle coral pink it actually shows up a lot brighter than in the swatch picture. It's quite a sheer finish but it can be easily built up, I think it's a really good colour for someone wanting to try something a bit brighter but doesn't want to go too crazy.

2. MAC Creme Cup (£15.50), this is a cremesheen lipstick and it's one of my favourites I think it's such a nice daytime look and it's really natural and not too full on. If you find it too pale for you it works really well with a lip liner that's a little bit darker. It goes on quite opaque but like flamingo you can build it up, and you're left with a really pretty nude pink colour with a dewy finish on the lips.

3. Too Faced Shimmering Marshmallow Bunny (£18 for the standard shades from the Debenhams website), I actually got this from Too Faced's Under The Mistletoe Christmas gift set along with two other colours. This is different from the standard La Creme lipstick, it is available in that collection just as Marshmallow Bunny, however with this one from the limited edition set they are the same shade this just has added shimmer (similar to a frost finish) so I would definitely recommend getting this even as the standard shade as it's such a pretty colour! It is a light-medium yellow toned pink and the pigmentation is so nice! Unlike some of my other lipsticks which rub off so easily I can wear this out, have food and drinks and it stays on really well which is surprising as its a creamy formula, I'd definitely suggest getting this shade from the La Creme lipsticks!

4. Nars Audacious lipstick in the shade Julie (£24). I love this so much I picked it really randomly off the website, the audacious lipsticks are more expensive at £24 but if you find a colour you really like then you should definitely invest because the finish is amazing! It is described as being long wearing but having a luxurious texture to smooth and nourish the lips. I'd definitely agree with this is as matte lipsticks dry out my lips so much and I tend to avoid them but this appears matte yet still making your lips look soft and slightly dewy. It is described as a nude pink however I would say it isn't that nude, it's got a hint of coral to it while still being a very pink shade with warm undertones. 

5. Too Faced Melted Lipstick in the shade Nude (£19 from the Debenhams website). I have the mini sized one as I got it as one of their christmas gift sets along with four other shades. It shows up really dark in the swatch picture but it is lighter on the lips, It's a peachy beige shade, with a satin/matte finish. The pigmentation of these is amazing, at first I actually found them quite hard to get the hang of as I was applying way too much product, definitely important to note that a little goes a long way! It's so long wearing, definitely recommend this for a night out or any other time when you don't want to keep reapplying. It applies as a liquid and dries matte which for me is a nice change and I'm actually really into the liquid lipstick trend and plan on getting lots more! For me this shade is great for a different look to the standard pinks/nudes and again something to try for when you want something different that isn't too crazy. 

Thanks for reading, let me know in the comments what your favourite spring/summer shades are!xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig